Frequently Asked Questions
It is important to not stress about wine storage. Hyper-concern over "proper" storage can keep you from enjoying your wine. Unless you have a large collection of fine wines that you're planning to cellar for many years, you'll be fine if you put your wine in a dark, largely undisturbed place with a moderate, fairly constant temperature.
Here are some wine storage tips to ensure top quality wine:
- Store your wine upright for the first 3 to 5 days.
- After that, store your wine on its side in order to keep the cork moist.
- Store your wine in a cool, dark place or out of direct sunlight.
- Your wine should be stored where the temperature is consistent… Bright light, movement, and temperature fluctuations can negatively affect the quality of your wine. (13-15° Celsius is optimal)
- Do not constantly turn your wine. Red wines will sometimes dust (leave residue on the inside of the bottle). This is normal. Simply decant your wine.
- Do not store your wine directly on a cement floor. Put a thick piece of wood under your wine storage boxes.
- Do not store your wine on heated floors.